Amigos Del Valle, Inc. is now hiring for Housing Director, Nutrition Director, IT Technician, Grant Writer, and Accountant if interested in any position click on Job Opportunities Tab for further details.
The Mission of Amigos Del Valle, Inc. is to positively impact the quality of life in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas through the provision of diversified and effective human services, community development activities and advocacy, which are directed to low income families; and with special emphasis in assisting the elder population to maintain active, healthy and independent lives.
Amigos Del Valle, Inc., (ADV) was officially chartered on October 4, 1974 as a private non-profit organization under the State of Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act. In 1975, ADV received its tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. ADV is a consortium of county and city governmental entities that was created to provide nutrition, transportation, and housing services to seniors of Cameron, Hidalgo, and Willacy Counties of South Texas to assist such population to continue to live as healthy, productive, independent, and self-sufficient lives as possible.
ADV is recognized as the largest and most enduring non-profit resource senior service, Elderly Supportive Housing service and home meal delivery service provier of the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas.
Whether it's senior meals preparation or the home delivery meal program, affordable housing program, fundraising, and administrative support program, ADV continues to help seniors remain independent members of society, maintain their health and live their lives with dignity.
ADV is affiliated with the following national, regional and state organizations:
- National Council of La Raza (NCLR)
- Housing Assistance Council (HAC)
- National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB)
- National Association of Nutrition and Aging Services Program, Inc. (NANASP)
- Texas Association of Community Development Corporation (TACDC)
- Meals on Wheels Association of America (MOWAA)
- Meals on Wheels Association of Texas (MOWAT)
- Lower Rio Grande Valley Development Council Area Agency on Aging/ AAA
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development / (HUD)
- Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities / (TDADS)
- City and County Community Development Block Grant / (CDBG) and General funds
- ADV also generates local funds through county and city governmental entities' membership dues; fundraising projects; participant contribution; client fees; and private and businesses' and individual contributions.
In its Forty (40) years of existence, ADV has assisted approximately 98,881 unduplicated seniors through provision of 14,577,946 congregate meals; 10,204,852 home delivered meals; 4,403,627 One-way transportation trips; and 533 subsidized rental housing apartments through ADV's HUD section 202 developments. Without the dedicated hard work of over 400 senior volunteers, who provide over 82,000 man hours of volunteer work on an annual basis, ADV would not have been able to impact positively on the lives of such seniors during its thirty-nine years of existence.